What is Beauty Sleep?
Good sleep is absolutely essential for our body to maintain its health, renew itself and rest. Sleep is as important to our body physically as it is mentally and spiritually. Because our body is repaired during sleep and our cells are renewed. Because of these benefits for our health, our sleep routine is also called beauty sleep. Although it sounds like a scientifically useless term when we say beauty sleep, the benefits of beauty sleep have been scientifically proven today.
What are the Benefits of Beauty Sleep?
During sleep, the hormone melatonin is secreted and collagen production increases. With the hormone melatonin, our body is protected, repaired and purified from harmful toxins. With the production of collagen, our skin is renewed, gains flexibility and rejuvenates. Wrinkles that will form on our skin are prevented and our skin aging is delayed. Beauty sleep helps us to have healthy and strong hair while helping to prevent our hormones. In addition, we wake up more ready for the new day, relieve our tiredness and strengthen our immune system, again with a good sleep. In short, we get everything we need to live a healthy life with beauty sleep.
What Happens If Sleeping Pattern Is Disrupted?
When we cannot sleep deeply and soundly, we wake up tired and sluggish even if we have slept for a long time. When our sleep patterns are disrupted for various reasons, our body and health are adversely affected. Some physical and mental problems occur. Our skin and hair lose their shine, vitality and healthy appearance. Under-eye bags are formed and the aging process of our skin is accelerated. Health problems such as psoriasis, acne and edema occur. In addition to these, when the sleep pattern is disturbed, we encounter mental problems such as irritability, inability to feel energetic and fatigue.
How Does Beauty Sleep Happen?
We can list the things we need to do for beauty sleep as follows;
- We should make sure that our sleep time is at least 8 hours.
- We should make it a habit to go to sleep and wake up at the same time.
- We should stop eating 2-3 hours before going to sleep.
- We should clean our skin, use moisturizer, and if we are wearing make-up, we should definitely wipe it before going to bed.
- In general, we should take care to drink plenty of water.
- We need to bring the temperature and humidity of the room we sleep to the appropriate level.
- We have to change our pillowcases often.
- sleeping pill etc. We should avoid using drugs.
In addition to these, we should know that using a sleep mask, consuming sleep-inducing teas, not sleeping with electronic devices such as mobile phones and computers in the bedroom, and not drinking alcohol before sleeping are also recommended for a good sleep.